Membership & Enrollment is Open
2016-2017 Membership & Enrollment
Updated: August 13, 2016
- The first step towards enrollment is to apply for HCA membership. There are no fees to apply for membership, nor does it obligate you to enroll in classes.
- A family may enroll in any number of classes per student, i.e. from one to six classes per student. A Lunch (brown bag) & Recess period is available for students bridging between morning and afternoon classes.
- Since the first day of classes, August 25th, is rapidly approaching please email HCA with any questions so your enrollment may be completed ASAP to help teacher's prepare for that first day.
- If you are interested in a closed class, please contract HCA to be placed on the Wait List.
- 2nd Period 1st-3rd Jr. Science and 3rd Period 5th-7th Science classes need 5 students each by August 17th to remain on the schedule. Please tell your friends!!
- The 2nd Period Art-tastic class will remain open for enrollment through the 1st semester, but will not start meeting until the minimum of 4 students is reached.
- The DROP DEADLINE was May 31, 2016. Tuition & Materials Fees are non-fundable unless there is Wait List for a class AND another student is immediately able to fill the slot.
- Certainly a family is refunded Tuition & Materials Fees for a class cancelled due to low enrollment.
Class Notes and Field Trips
Please carefully read course descriptions to determine if the content and required homework will work with your homeschooling goals and priorities. Contact HCA's registrar via the website if you have any questions.
- Required textbooks and school supplies must be purchased by families unless it is stated in the course description that the Materials Fee will be used by the teacher to purchase textbooks for the class.
- While HCA enrollment remains open through February 2017, teacher approval is required to add an academic class after the 3rd week of class. PLEASE DO ASK as often the answer is yes.
- High school academic classes may not be added after the 2nd week of class, unless a student can demonstrate knowledge and skills on par with current class progress.
Save the date! HCA's fall field trip to the National Zoo will be Friday, October 7 (rain date - October 14).
MANDATORY Orientation Meeting for 2016 - 2017
When: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - Doors will open at 8:40 AM; mandatory presentation will begin at 9 AM.
Who: Attendance by at least one parent from each family and any teens (13 years and older) attending HCA is MANDATORY. Please plan ahead as and make arrangements for infants and younger children as child care is not available.
Where: SAYSF Bible Church
Why: HCA has important information to communicate with all families to ensure a smooth and successful year.
- Critical policies and procedures will be reviewed.
- New Drama Teacher, Mr. Hight, will have a presentation for all Drama parents & students.
- Parents will sign up for their mandatory Parent Assistant activity if not already done.
- Student attendance with a parent at the Orientation is highly recommended so that students may meet their teachers and visit classrooms. Attendance for teens attending HCA is mandatory.
- Information about HCA's activities can be discussed with the Coordinators.
- HCA T-shirts will be on sale.
Every effort is made to streamline the Orientation meeting. Most families should be able to complete all the required items in less than two hours. Please read the Orientation packet before arriving.
2016 - 2017 First Day of Classes
Thursday, August 25, 2016