Membership & Enrollment Remain Open
2016-2017 Membership & Enrollment
Updated: August 27, 2016
- Even though classes have started, new families may still apply for membership and enroll students in classes with space available.
- Art & P.E. classes will accept students throughout the 1st semester and into February.
- The 2nd Period 1st-4th grade Art-tastic class is open for 2nd Semester enrollment. Tuition would be $87.50 plus listed Materials Fees.
- Music & Intro to Public Speaking classes will add students through the first week in October, but require approval afterwards as classes are preparing for the Christmas Festival. Music & Intro to Public Speaking will reopen for 2nd semester enrollment.
- Drama may add students, with the understanding that auditions may have already occurred, hence the new student would participate backstage or in a technical role.
- 3rd-8th grade academic classes require instructor approval after the third week of class. PLEASE DO ASK as often the answer is yes.
- High school academic classes may not be added after the second week of class, unless a student can demonstrate knowledge and skills on par with current class progress.
- The first step towards enrollment is to apply for HCA membership. There are no fees to apply for membership, nor does it obligate you to enroll in classes.
- A family may enroll in any number of classes per student, i.e. from one to six classes per student. A Lunch (brown bag) & Recess period is available for students bridging between morning and afternoon classes.
- Please email us if you have any questions about specific classes or the online membership & enrollment process.
- If you are interested in a closed class, please contract HCA to be placed on the Wait List. Sometimes an opening does occur later in the year and it helps HCA determine needs for the following year.
- The DROP DEADLINE was May 31, 2016. Tuition & Materials Fees are non-fundable unless there is Wait List for a class AND another student is immediately able to fill the slot.
Class Notes and Field Trips
Please carefully read course descriptions to determine if the content and required homework will work with your homeschooling goals and priorities. Contact HCA's registrar via the website if you have any questions.
Required textbooks and school supplies must be purchased by families unless it is stated in the course description that the Materials Fee will be used by the teacher to purchase textbooks for the class.
Save the date! HCA's fall field trip to the National Zoo will be Friday, October 7 (rain date - October 14).
MANDATORY Orientation Meeting for 2016 - 2017
FAMILIES JOINING HCA AFTER AUGUST 24th: A mini-Orientation session will be scheduled on the first Thursday your family attends HCA classes.
When: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 - Doors will open at 8:40 AM; mandatory presentation will begin at 9 AM.
Who: Attendance by at least one parent from each family and any teens (13 years and older) attending HCA is MANDATORY. Please plan ahead as and make arrangements for infants and younger children as child care is not available.
Where: SAYSF Bible Church
Why: HCA has important information to communicate with all families to ensure a smooth and successful year.
- Critical policies and procedures will be reviewed.
- New Drama Teacher, Mr. Hight, will have a presentation for all Drama parents & students.
- Parents will sign up for their mandatory Parent Assistant activity if not already done.
- Student attendance with a parent at the Orientation is highly recommended so that students may meet their teachers and visit classrooms. Attendance for teens attending HCA is mandatory.
- Information about HCA's activities can be discussed with the Coordinators.
- HCA T-shirts will be on sale.
Every effort is made to streamline the Orientation meeting. Most families should be able to complete all the required items in less than two hours. Please read the Orientation packet before arriving. Families joing
2016 - 2017 First Day of Classes
Thursday, August 25, 2016